Shreeji Pharma International manufactures and exports pure and high quality Almagate to customers worldwide. Acid indigestion, heartburn, and stomach upset are symptoms of too much stomach acid. As a result, this medication is used to treat those symptoms. Aluminium and magnesium antacids help reduce stomach acid quickly. Antacid liquids usually work faster and better than their tablet or capsule counterparts. Antacids act by neutralizing the stomach's acid, but it does not prevent its production. It may be used alone or in conjunction with other drugs that reduce acid production.
Technical Specifications :
- Name: Almagate
- CAS No.: 66827-12-1
- Formula: AlMg3.(CO3).(OH)7.2(H2O)
- Molecular Weight: 314.99
- Synonyms: Aluminum magnesium carbonate hydroxide (AlMg3(CO3)(OH)7) dihydrate;Almagatum [INN-Latin];Almagato [INN-Spanish];LAS 3876;Almax (antacid);Magnesium,[carbonato(2-)]heptahydroxy- (aluminum)tri-,dihydrate;aluminum(+3) cation; dihydrate;Magnesium, (carbonato(2-))heptahydroxy(aluminum)tri-, dihydrate;Almagate EP;Almagate [USAN:INN]; magnesium(+2) cation; carbonate; heptahydroxide;
- Boiling Point: 333.6 C at 760 mmHg
- Flash Point: 169.8 C
How does it work?
An inorganic salt is almagate. Antiacids neutralize stomach acid. It disintegrates gas bubbles, allowing them to pass easily.
Applications Or where it is used:
Medicine is available for stomach upset, heartburn, and acid indigestion caused by too much stomach acid. It lowers the stomach acid quickly. Anticacids that come in liquid form usually work faster/better than those in pill form. It only combats existing stomach acid. Acid production is not prevented by this medication.
How to use:
- As needed, take this medication by mouth after a meal or at bedtime. Take the product as directed on the package or follow the doctor's instructions. Please consult your physician if you have questions.
- You should chew thoroughly before swallowing the chewable tablet and drink 8 ounces of water afterward.
- Shake the bottle well before using the liquid form of this medication. You may want to refrigerate the solution to enhance its taste. Avoid freezing. It works best when taken alone. A little water can be added if necessary.
- This product may interact with certain medications, which could prevent their full absorption by your body. If you are experiencing this problem, discuss it with your doctor or pharmacist.
- Constipation, diarrhea, nausea, and headache are possible side effects. Consult a doctor if they persist or become severe.
- The doctor has decided that you will benefit more from this medication than you will experience any side effects. The side effects are generally not severe.
- There is a possibility of diarrhea due to the magnesium in this product. The use of an aluminum-containing antacid combined with this product can help to control diarrhea. This product may cause constipation because of the aluminum in it. Exercise and drink lots of fluids to avoid constipation. This product causes more diarrhea than constipation.
- An antacid containing aluminum binds to phosphate in the gut. The medication can lead to low phosphate levels, especially if you use it for a long period. If you have any of the following symptoms of low phosphate, you should tell your doctor immediately: fatigue, weakness, and loss of appetite.
Warnings and precautions while using this product:
- Do not take this product if you are allergic to aluminum hydroxide, magnesium, or any other type of allergy. Inactive ingredients may cause allergic reactions or other problems. Discuss this with your pharmacist.
- If you have problems related to frequent alcohol use, dehydration or fluid restriction, or kidney problems, consult your doctor before using this product.
- You should use this medication only if absolutely necessary during pregnancy. Your doctor can explain the risks and benefits to you.
- It may pass into breast milk. Consult your physician before breastfeeding.