Ketorolac Tromethamine provided by our company, is widely used for the temporary treatment of moderate to severe pain. It is usually used before or after medical procedures or after surgery. This chemical helps in recovering more comfortably so that you can return to your normal daily activities. Our offered product works by blocking the production of prostaglandins, compounds that cause pain, fever, and inflammation. This medicine is best used to treat moderately severe pain and inflammation, usually after surgery. This chemical is very cost effective and can be easily availed at reasonable rates, by our eminent customers, in bulk quantities.
Ketorolac Tromethamine Properties:
- Synonyms: -5-Benzoyl-2,3-dihydro-1H-pyrrolizine-1-carboxylic acid tris salt, Ketorolac tris salt, Toradol
- CAS Number: 74103-06-4
- Molecular Formula: C15H13NO3
- Molecular Weight: 376.40
- Melting Point: 160-162 degree C
- Form: crystalline
Introduction Of Product:
A nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) with analgesic properties, ketorolac tromethamine has been studied in animal models.
How Does It Work?
The effects are immediate (about 15 minutes after administration) and last for up to six hours. Pain that is caused by surgery or an acute migraine is often treated with it, as are chronic migraines when other treatments have not worked.
Applications Or Where It Is Used:
Adults with moderate to severe pain may take ketorolac for a short-term period of time. Medical procedures or surgeries usually require it before or after. In order to return to your normal daily activities, reducing pain is critical.
Isopropanol (156.0 g) is dissolved in 20 gm of ketorolac acid from Abbott Laboratories. A solution of 12.0 gm tromethamine in 25.0 gm water is added, and the mixture is heated to 40 degree C. to a solution. 0.2 micron filter is used for filtering the solution.
How To Use?
Usually, this medication needs to be taken by mouth every 4 to 6 hours with a full glass of water (8 ounces or 240 milliliters), or as a doctor directs. The 10 minutes following these drugs should not be spent laying down. In case of stomach upset from this medication, take it with food, milk, or antacid.
Dosage Of Usage:
- Parenteral therapy is always preferred; oral administration is recommended in conjunction with intravenous / intramuscular (IV / IM) therapy only as needed.
- Duration of therapy must not be more than 5 days.
- Overdosing on medication will not improve efficacy, but it may increase the risk of severe adverse effects.
- Patients aged 65 years or older, less than 50 pounds, or with a moderately elevated serum level should reduce their dose
- Not safe for use in pediatric patients
Side effects of Ketorolac Tromethamine include:
- Increased blood urea nitrogen BUN
- Stomach or abdominal pain
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
Warnings And Precautions While Using Ketorolac Tromethamine:
Ketorolac may cause dizziness or drowsiness in some people. Avoid any activity that could lead to a hazard if you do not feel alert, such as driving, using machines, etc. During treatment with this medicine, serious side effects may occur.
Among the possible side effects of ketorolac tromethamine, including TORADOL, are peptic ulcers, gastrointestinal bleeding, and perforation of the stomach and intestines. They can occur at any time during use and without warning.