The magnesium salt of orotic acid, magnesium orotate, has poor water-soluble properties. As a mineral supplement, it is used to treat magnesium deficiencies. Orotic acid transports magnesium into cells. Additionally, it is an antioxidant because it is a crucial intermediate in the biosynthesis of pyrimidines that promotes the synthesis of enzymes that act as free radical scavengers. Research is ongoing to determine whether orotic acid has cardioprotective effects in pathological heart conditions.
- CAS Number: 34717-03-8
- EINECS Number: 252-167-6
- Molar Mass: 334.48 g/mol
- Molecular Formula: C10H6MgN4O8
How does it work?
A mineral supplement like this one helps to prevent and treat low levels of magnesium in the blood. It is also often used to treat symptoms of too much stomach acid, such as upset stomach, and acid indigestion.
Applications Or where it is used:
Taking this supplement prevents and treats low levels of magnesium in the blood.
How to use:
Supplementing with magnesium with a meal is recommended to prevent stomach upset and diarrhea, unless otherwise directed by your doctor. It is recommended that you drink a full glass of water with each dose.
Dosage of usage:
Don't forget to take missed doses as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if the next dose is coming up soon. Take the next dose as usual. Avoid doubling the dose.
- The stomach may upset and diarrhea may occur. If taken with food, these effects will be reduced. Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if one or both of these side effects persist or worsen.
- In the event that your doctor has prescribed this medication to you, remember that he or she has determined that the benefits to you are greater than the risks. This medication is not known to cause significant side effects in many people.
- This drug rarely causes very serious allergic reactions. When you notice any of these symptoms of serious allergies, seek immediate medical attention: rash, severe dizziness, itching/swelling, and trouble breathing.
- There may be additional side effects not listed here.
Warnings and precautions while using this product:
In case you are allergic to magnesium supplements or have any other allergies, tell your doctor or pharmacist before taking them. If inactive ingredients are present, they may lead to allergic reactions. For more information, talk to your pharmacist.
If you have kidney disease, you should consult your doctor or pharmacist before using this product.
There may be sugar and/or aspartame in some liquids, powders, or other forms of this product. Alcohol may also be present in its liquid form. The use of this product should be avoided if you have diabetes, alcohol dependence, liver disease, phenylketonuria (PKU), or any other illness requiring you to limit these substances in your diet. Ensure that this product is used safely by consulting your doctor or pharmacist.
Use this product only if clearly necessary during pregnancy. Consult your doctor about its risks and benefits.
This product is not known to pass into breast milk. Before breast-feeding, speak with your doctor.