Our company, Shreeji Pharma International manufactures high quality Benzyl Alcohol under GMP site with all types of regulatory supports, which is distributed in India as well as different countries, like African Countries, CIS Countries, LATAM countries, Central American Countries, Gulf Countries, South East Asia countries and in European countries.
Benzyl alcohol is an organic compound that occurs along with carboxylic acids (as esters) in balsams and jasmine and other floral oils. Benzyl alcohol is made by hydrolyzing benzyl chloride with soda ash.
Benzyl Alcohol Properties:
- Formula: C7H8O
- Density: 1.04 g/cm
- Boiling point: 205 C
- Melting point: -15.3C
- Molar mass: 108.14 g/mol
- CAS No.: 100-51-6
- Appearance: Colorless liquid
- Odor: Faintly Aromatic
- Solubility: Soluble in water with 1:30, miscible with alcohol, chloroform and with fatty and essential oils.
How does it work:
Benzyl alcohol is a prescription topical (skin) medication used to treat parasites. People between the ages of 6 months and 60 years old can use topical benzyl alcohol to treat head lice. Only head lice can be treated with topical benzyl alcohol. It will not remove lice from other areas of the body.
Applications Or where it is used:
Benzyl alcohol can be used as a general solvent for inks, waxes, shellacs, paints, lacquers, and epoxy resin coatings. In paint strippers, it can be used, particularly in conjunction with compatible viscosity enhancers to make the mixture adhere better to painted surfaces.
How to use:
- Use a towel to cover the face and eyes.
- Apply it to dry hair and scalp area.
- Keep it on your hair and scalp for at least 10 minutes after application. After 10 minutes, rinse the lotion from hair and scalp with water.
Dosage of usage:
- Adult Dosages: Lotion5% (Ulesfia)
- Pediatric Dosage: Lotion5 % (8 oz)
- Liquid10% (Zilactin)
Dosage Considerations Should be Given as Follows:
- Ulesfia: To use, apply lotion to dry hair, saturating hair and scalp with a sufficient amount, then rinse with water.
- Repeat treatment in 7 days
- Infants under 6 months: Do not use
- Infants over 6 months (Ulesfia): After you apply the lotion to your dry hair, use enough to saturate it and to rinse it off with water after 10 minutes. Repeat the procedure in 7 days
Coverage needed to cover scalp and hair completely with lotion (adult and pediatric):
- Hair length 0-2 inches: 4-6 ounces
- Hair length 2-4 inches: 6-8 ounces
- Hair length 4-8 inches: 8-12 ounces
- Hair length 8-16 inches: 12-24 ounces
- Hair length 16-22 inches: 24-32 ounces
- Hair length longer than 22 inches: 32-48 ounces
- Zilactin: Apply every 6 hours to affected areas
- Children under 2 years: Safety and efficacy not established
- Children over 2 years (Zilactin): The affected area should be applied every 6 hours
It is possible to experience side effects from benzyl alcohol lotion. If you experience any severe symptoms or if they do not go away, tell your doctor.
- itching of the scalp area
- redness of the scalp area
- numbness or pain in the scalp area
There are some serious side effects. In the event that you experience any of the following symptoms, call your doctor right away:
- irritation of the scalp area
- infected or pus-filled areas of skin in the scalp area
Other side effects may occur from using benzyl alcohol lotion. In case of an unusual reaction, call your doctor right away.
Benzyl alcohol is present in this medication. In case of an allergic reaction to Ulesfia or any of its components, do not take this medication.
Kids should not have access to this product. If you overdose, call a Poison Control Center immediately and seek medical attention.
Effects of Drug Abuse
- Avoid in neonates
- Avoid eye exposure
- Not ovicidal (does not kill eggs)
- May cause contact dermatitis
- Under adult supervision, children should use this product
- The safety of lotion has not been established in older patients
- Use of neonates has been associated with gasping syndrome
- In case of persistent pain or swelling or rash, see your healthcare provider
Pregnancy and Lactation
- Benzyl alcohol may be safe to use during pregnancy.
- It is unknown whether benzyl alcohol is excreted in breast milk. Benzyl alcohol should be used with caution if breastfeeding.