Clotrimazole Powder offered by our company in several packaging options is known for its purity and effectiveness. This medicine is used to treat jock itch, athlete's foot, ringworm, and other fungal skin infections.
- CAS No.: 23593-75-1
- Formula: C22H17ClN2
- Molecular Weight: 344.86
- Deleted CAS: 117829-71-7
- Synonyms: Diphenyl (2-chlorophenyl) (1-imidazolyl) methane;Bay-B 5097;BAYb 5097;Mycelex (TN);(2-Chlorophenyl) diphenyl-1-imidazolylmethane;Lotrimin (TN); Mycelex Troches;1H-Imidazole, 1-[ (2-chlorophenyl) diphenylmethyl]-;Imidazole, 1- (o-chloro-.alpha.,.alpha.-diphenylbenzyl)-;Bis-fenil-(2-clorofenil)-1-imidazolil-metano [Italian];Lotrimin AF Cream;1-(alpha-(2-Chlorophenyl)benzhydryl) imidazole;Lotrimax;Prestwick_120;FB 5097; Clotrimazol [INN-Spanish];Gyne-Lotrimin;1-[(2-chlorophenyl)(diphenyl) methyl]-1H-imidazole;Monobaycuten;1-(o-Chloro-.alpha., .alpha.-diphenylbenzyl) imidazole;Trimysten;Bis-phenyl-(2-chlorophenyl)-1-imidazoyl) methane;BAY b5097;Mykosporin;Mycelex G;
- EINECS: 245-764-8
- Density: 1.13 g/cm3
- Melting Point: 147-149 °C
- Boiling Point: 482.3 °C at 760 mmHg
- Flash Point: 245.5 °C
- Appearance: Crystalline
- Risk Codes: 22-36/38
- Safety Description 26-36
- Grade Medicine Grade: Purity 96%
How does it work?
Crotrimazole kills the infection-causing fungus (yeast). In order to kill the fungus, Clotrimazole causes holes in the membrane of the cell as well as leaking out the contents. This action kills the fungus and treat the infection.
Applications Or where it is used:
A fungus (yeast) causes the skin infection. Among the fungal infections that Clotrimazole treats are athlete's foot and ringworm.
How to use:
One strip of cream (0.5 cm long) can cover a hand-sized area. You should avoid applying this near your mouth, lips, or eyes.
Dosage of usage:
Applies to several strengths: 1%; 500 mg; 100 mg-1%; 100 mg; 200 mg-1%; 200 mg; 2%
Some of the side effects of Clotrimazole
- Stomach pain
- Foul-smelling vaginal discharge
Warnings and precautions while using this product
Be careful around your eyes, nose, and mouth when using this topical medication. It is best to use clotrimazole topical only on the areas that have been treated by it. Do not use other skin medications unless your doctor has directed you to. Clothing that doesn't allow air to circulate is best avoided.