The high quality Montelukast sodium produced in GMP site at Gujarat, India, can be supplied in several packaging options. The pure and effective product is exported to several countries worldwide.
Montelukast Sodium Properties:
- CAS No.: 151767-02-1
- Formula: C35H35ClNNaO3S
- Molecular Weight: 608.2 g/mol
- Synonyms: Cyclopropaneacetic acid,1-[[[(1R)-1-[3-[(1E)-2-(7-chloro-2- quinolinyl)ethenyl]phenyl]-3-[2-(1-hydroxy- 1-methylethyl)phenyl]propyl]thio]methyl]-,monosodium salt; MK 476; Singulair (TN);Singulair;sodium 2-[1-[[(1R)-1-[3-[2-(7-chloroquinolin-2-yl)ethenyl]phenyl]-3-[2-(2-hydroxypropan-2-yl)phenyl]propyl]sulfanylmethyl]cyclopropyl]acetate
- Boiling Point: 750.5 °C at 760 mmHg
- Flash Point: 407.7 °C
- Appearance: White to off-white crystalline powder
Introduction of product:
A leukotriene receptor antagonist, montelukast can be used in asthma therapy, preventing exercise-induced bronchoconstriction, and in treating allergic rhinitis.
How does it work:
The chemicals in your body that narrow your airways are stopped by LTRAs. Chemically, they are called leukotrienes. The drug prevents narrowing of your airways (caused by inflammation). This prevents asthma attacks and makes breathing easier. Montelukast belongs to the family of drugs called leukotriene receptor antagonists. It blocks leukotriene D4 in the lungs, resulting in a decrease in inflammation and relaxation of smooth muscle.
Applications Or where it is used:
It reduces symptoms associated with asthma and prevents wheezing and shortness of breath (such as asthma). As well as preventing breathing problems during exercise (bronchospasm), it is also used before exercise. Inhalers such as the quick relief inhaler can be used less frequently with this medication.
How to use:
One tablet of montelukast is usually taken with or without food each day. Montelukast should be taken in the evening when treating asthma. Taking montelukast at least two hours before exercising can help prevent breathing difficulties.
Dosage of usage :
Asthma or allergy symptoms can usually be prevented with montelukast taken in the evening. Your doctor may advise you to take montelukast before exercising if exercise makes your asthma worse. Do not exceed 1 dose per day.
Side effects of Montelukast Sodium:
- This drug is rare to cause very serious allergic reactions. You should consult your doctor if any of these symptoms appear, including: severe dizziness, rash, itching/swelling, or trouble breathing.
- The most common side effects of montelukast are upper respiratory infection, diarrhea, stomach pain, earache or ear infection, flu, fever, headache, sore throat, cough, runny nose, and sinus infection.
- Warnings and precautions while using this product:
- Immediately stop taking montelukast if you experience any of the following symptoms: agitation, irritability, difficulty paying attention, unusual dreams, memory loss or forgetfulness, aggressive behavior, anxiety, confusion and hallucinations.