Activated Dimethicone is the drug administered for the treatment of anti gas, inflammatory disease of the pancreas, ulcer, digestion of food, bloating and other conditions. It is silicone oil with anti-foaming, antiflatulent, and anti-bloating properties. This medication works by helping in food digestion as well as reducing flatulence and defoaming. It is used to eliminate trapped gas and as a foam suppressant in various pharmaceutical processes such as mixing, percolation, fermentation and as an agent to improve the efficiency of bottle filling when foaming is a problem.
- IUPAC name: dimethyl-bis(trimethylsilyloxy)silane
- Vhemical formula: C8H24O2Si3
- Excellent defoaming and antifoaming properties.
- Superior performance in antiflatulent preparations
- Good dispersibility
- User friendly and can be formulated easily
- Excellent temperature stability.
- Chemically inert and non-toxic.