Diloxanide furoate we bring forth is a pure and effective pharmaceutical ingredient that is manufactured at our GMP site, where professionals follow all kinds of mandatory regulations. As the product is supplied globally, professionals safely package it in desired packaging material.
Diloxanide Furoate Properties:
- Name: 2-Furancarboxylic acid,4-[(2,2-dichloroacetyl)methylamino]phenyl ester
- Superlist Name: Diloxanide furoate
- CAS No.:3736-81-0
- Formula: C14H11Cl2NO4
- Molecular Weight: 328.15
- Synonyms: 2-Furancarboxylicacid, 4-[(dichloroacetyl)methylamino]phenyl ester (9CI); 8073 CB;Amebiazol;Dichlofurazol;Diclofurazol;Diloxanide furoate;Entamide 2-furoate;Entamide furoate;Furamide;Furamide (amebicide);Furentomin;Histomibal;Miforon; 2-Furoic acid, esterwith 2,2-dichloro-4'-hydroxy-N-methylacetanilide (7CI,8CI);Furoic acid, esterwith 2,2-dichloro-4'-hydroxy-N-methylacetanilide (6CI);Acetanilide,2,2-dichloro-4'-hydroxy-N-methyl-, 2-furoate (ester) (8CI);4-Hydroxy-N-methyldichloroacetanilide 2-furoate;
- EINECS: 223-108-1
- Density: 1.424 g/cm3
- Boiling Point: 438.4 C at 760 mmHg
- Flash Point: 218.9 C
- Category: Antiamoebic & Antiprotozoal
- Form: Powder, white or almost white, crystalline; almost odourless
- Solubility: Insoluble in chloroform; soluble in alcohol and in ether; slightly soluble in water
Introduction of product
As a lumenal amebicide, diloxanide furoate only acts in the digestive tract. Second-line treatment available for infections with amoebas during the absence of symptoms, when a person passes cysts, even in areas where infections are not common. When treating these cases, paromomycin is considered a first line therapy.
How does it work
The antibiotic kills trophozoites of E. histolytica before they form cysts. Among the similarities between chloramphenicol and it is its ability to block protein synthesis. Diloxanide and furoic acid are formed by gut esterases and bacteria during the hydrolysis of the drug in the gut.
Applications Or where it is used
A diloxanide furoate India treatment is effective for intestinal amebiasis in either chronic or acute amoebic dysentery. As an antiprotozoal, it also eliminates cysts within tissues.
A leading exporter and manufacturer of Diloxanide Furoate in India, we offer products of premium quality and at competitive prices in overseas markets. It comes as a white crystallized powder. Treatment of various tissue diseases and other health conditions can be accomplished with this odorless solution.
It is also effective for amoebic dysentery both acute and chronic. Diloxanide Furoate exporters in India, we supply highly effective and completely safe products. Our products are manufactured without harmful chemical additives.
Several quality parameters are tested before a product can be released into the market. Also, we provide custom solutions to complete clients' special requests. For further assistance, just contact our expert team.
Diloxanide destroys the trophozoites of E histolytica that turn into cysts. People infected with asymptomatic amebiasis excrete the cysts. The active ingredient in diloxanide furoate is hydrolyzed in the gastrointestinal tract to produce diloxanide.
How to use
Diloxanide is used to treat bowel infections. Every eight hours, take one tablet. Drink a lot of fluids if you're diarrhoeic to prevent dehydration (low fluid levels in the body). Regardless of whether you feel unwell, you should complete the entire course of tablets.
Dosage of usage
Adult: 500 mg tid for 10 days. Repeat the course if required.
Child: >25 kg: 20 mg/kg daily in 3 divided doses for 10 days, repeated if required.
There are chances of you suffering from flatulence, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, urticaria, and pruritus. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC, Atlanta) summarized 14 years of experience confirming diloxanide furoate's minimal toxicity.
Warnings and precautions while using this product
A child should not have access to any medicines. It is not known whether any drugs interact clinically. During pregnancy and lactation, this product should not be used. Potentially unpleasant effects include vomiting, urticaria, flatulence and pruritus.