Capitalizing on the proficiency of our skilled staff, we are able to emerge as a trusted organization engaged in offering Magnesium Hydroxide. It is used as an inorganic compound with the chemical formula Mg(OH)2. It is naturally found as the mineral brucite. This compound can be used an antacid or a laxative in either an oral liquid suspension or chewable tablet form. It has smoke supressing and flame retardant properties and is thus used as a fire retardant. It can also be used topically as an antiperspirant underarm deodorant or for relief of canker sores.
Magnesium Hydroxide Properties:
- CAS No.: 1309-42-8
- Formula: H2MgO2
- Molecular Weight: 58.33
- Synonyms: Magnesia 50H;Magnesium dihydroxide;Magnesium(II) hydroxide;Magnifin A;Magnifin H 10;Magnifin H 5;Magshield S;Magshield UF-NB 10;Magstar;Magstar 5;Marinco H 1241;MgZ 1;Mint-O-Mag;N 0(curing accelerator);N 6 (hydroxide);Nittomagu S;Odomag;PT 25ST;PZ 1SP;PhillipsMilk of Magnesia Liquid;Reachim;S/G 84;SP (hydroxide);SX 30MS;StanMag Hydroxide B;StarBrand 100;Magnesum hydroxide;10A (hydroxide);200-06H;96HS;B 54;Combustrol 500;DSB 100;FD 905U;FM 70;FR 20/100;FR 20S10;Finemag SN-L;FloMag HUS;H 5;Hydrofy N;KX 4S;KX 8S(B);Ki 22-5B;Kisuma1;Kisuma 2;Kisuma 4AF;Kisuma 5;Kisuma 5A-N;Kisuma 5L;Kisuma 5Q;Kisuma 5X;Kiyouwasuimagu F;MGZ5;MH 3;MH 30;MS 4 (hydroxide);Maglux;Maglux ST;Maglux STF 2;
- EINECS: 215-170-3
- Density: 2.36 g/cm3
- Melting Point: 350 C(lit.)
- Solubility:0.9 mg/100 mL (18 C) in water
- Appearance: odorless white powder
- Risk Codes: 36/37/38
How Does It Work:
Magnesium hydroxide belongs to a class of medications called saline laxatives. Water is retained with the stool as a result of its action. Additionally, it softens the stool, allowing it to pass more easily.
Applications. Or Where It Is Used:
Laxatives, such as magnesium hydroxide, are used to relieve constipation. It can also be used to relieve indigestion, stomach aches, and heartburn.
Magnesium hydroxide can now be prepared using the following methods:
- Salts are decomposed thermally into oxides and their subsequent hydration.
- It is precipitated with alkali directly from magnesium salt solutions.
How To Use:
To swallow a chewable tablet, you must chew it first. This medicine should be taken with a full glass of water (8 ounces). The laxative properties of magnesium hydroxide should lead to bowel movements within 30 to 6 hours after taking it.
Dosage Of Usage:
- 2-6 years: 5-15 mL/day of regular-strength liquid PO at bedtime or in divided doses
- 6-12 years: 15-30 mL/day (400 mg/5 mL) or 7.5-15 mL/day (800 mg/5 mL) PO at bedtime or in divided doses
- 12 years: 30-60 mL/day (400 mg/5 mL) or 15-30 mL/day (800 mg/5 mL) PO at bedtime or in divided doses
Side effects of magnesium hydroxide are:
- Abdominal cramping
- Low blood pressure (Hypotension)
- Muscle weakness
- Electrolyte imbalance
- Respiratory depression
This medication with magnesium hydroxide must not be taken if you are allergic to magnesium hydroxide or any ingredients contained in this drug.