Piroctone Olamine produced at Gujarat based facility has bacteriostatic and fungistatic properties. A target of this product is Pityrosporumovale, which is present on the skin and causes dandruff, as well as flaking on the face and scalp. Often, it replaces Zinc Pyrithione in shampoos. A preservative and thickening agent, it is used in all types of personal care products.
Technical Specifications :
- Chemical Name: 1-Hydroxy-4-methyl-6-(2,4,4-trimethylpentyl)-2(1H)pyridinone,2-aminoethanol salt
- CAS No: 68890-66-4
- Molecular weight: 298.42
- EI NECS: 272-574-2
- Brand Name: Kopirox
How does it work :
- The anti-fungal properties of pirocontone olamine make it ideal for controlling dandruff caused by a type of fungus called Malassezia globosa. There is a fungus on every scalp, but some people are sensitive to its chemicals.
Applications Or where it is used :
- 1. In piroctone olamine, the ethanolamine salt is formed as a result of hydroxamic acid. This ingredient is often used as a substitute for zinc pyrithione in anti-dandruff shampoos. Seborrheic dermatitis and dandruff have been linked to hair shedding and hair thinning.
- 2. Based on a clinical study, it was revealed that Piroctone Olamine was more efficient than Ketoconazole or Zinc Pyrithione in thickening hair shafts in androgenic alopecia.
- 3. It reduces the production of sebum.
- 4. It is the ethanolamine salt of the hydroxamic acid derivative of piroctone.
Dosage of usage
- Topical: Apply as recommended by physician
- Wrinkling of skin
Warnings and precautions while using this product
- You should avoid direct contact with your eyes or mouth; use only externally
- Breast-feeding and pregnancy are risky times during which the patient should be cautious.